Monday, March 21, 2011

Unusual Requests

Since friends and family have learned about my sewing obsession (ahem, hobby), I've been asked to do some non-traditional things.  Beyond the hemming of pants and sewing on buttons, I've been asked about a "wrap around your purse strap Velcro thing" (this was how it was described to me ) that keeps your purse from slipping off your shoulder.  A concept that I never really allowed myself to wrap my head around; however, I do believe I've seem them for sale at Joann's.  (Could that have been my meal ticket?)  Then there was the little hammock contraption I assembled to house a pair of Sugar Gliders for a friend. 

The latest request came from one of my favorite Aunts.  She enjoys the lost art of hanging clothes on a clothesline.  I write this with a bit of jealousy because I cannot convince my husband that sheets dried "on the line" are far superior to sheets dried any other way!  Please tell me there are others like me who have childhood memories of running with basket in tow to snatch the clothes off the line before a Summer storm came?

My Aunt's clothes pin bag had seen better days and she asked me to make a new one in bright cheerful colors.  So I believe that's exactly what I did and I'd like to share with you.  What a great way to use one of my favorite prints by Moda and a new flower applique design! 

....and now I await my next request!


Yuck Yuck....

Happy Happy!!










1 comment: